Taiwan Study Scholarship (TS Scholarship)
Founded in 1989, the Taiwanese Heritage Society of Houston (THSH) is committed to promoting Taiwanese American heritage and serving the general public in the greater Houston area.
The establishment of the Taiwan Study Scholarship further affirms our ongoing effort to encourage academic studies in learning the history of Taiwan which reflects in her people, cultural and the political identity. We also hope to enhance public understanding of Taiwanese American community.
Terms of the Scholarship
Center for International Studies & Modern Languages, University of St. Thomas will collaborate with THSH in the selection of scholarship recipients. Funding for the scholarship is provided by the Scholarship program of THSH.
To be eligible, a student must be:
- Full-time, undergraduate student, attending university in greater Houston area.
- Demonstrate an interest in the study of Taiwan.
- In good academic standing with a college GPA of at least 3.0.
- Enrolled in a related credit course.
- Write a 600 - 700 word personal statement (in a Word file) that describes why you are applying for the THSH Taiwan Studies Scholarship. Please describe your interest in Taiwan, how this interest fits into your academic and/or career plans, and how the scholarship would be important to you.
- Include the application cover page and your personal statement in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two recommendations are required. These may be from a teacher, employer, or someone else who can speak to your promise (such as the academic standing and the enrollment status) as a scholarship recipient. Please submit reference directly to email@example.com.
- The recipient (or a representative of the scholarship) will need to attend the THSH annual fundraiser in November to meet the Taiwanese American community and to promote community supports of the scholarship
All required documents must be received by 11:59pm CST, October 15, 2020.
Please direct your questions to The Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM