Taiwan Study Scholarship in Arts
Founded in 1989, the Taiwanese Heritage Society of Houston (THSH) is committed to promoting Taiwanese American heritage and serving the general public in the greater Houston area.
The establishment of the Taiwan Study Scholarship in Arts further affirms our ongoing effort to encourage academic studies in learning the history of Taiwan which reflects in her people, cultural and the political identity. We also hope to enhance public understanding of Taiwanese American community.
- Terms of the Scholarship
Center for International Studies & Modern Languages, University of St. Thomas will collaborate with THSH in the selection of scholarship recipients. Funding for the scholarship is provided by the Scholarship program of THSH.
To be eligible, a student must be:
- Full-time, undergraduate student, attending university in greater Houston area.
- Demonstrate an interest in the study of arts related to Taiwan.
- In good academic standing with a college GPA of at least 3.0.
- Enrolled in a related credit course.
- Application Process
- Write a 500 word personal statement (in a Word file) that describes why you are applying for the THSH Taiwan Studies Scholarship. your interest in Taiwanese arts, how this interest fits into your academic and/or career plans. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include the application cover page and your personal statement in an email to email@example.com.
- Two recommendations are required. These may be from a teacher, employer, or someone else who can speak to your promise (such as the academic standing and the enrollment status) as a scholarship recipient. Please submit reference directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The recipient (or a representative of the scholarship) will need to attend the THSH annual fundraiser in November to meet the Taiwanese American community and to promote community supports of the scholarship.
- Application Deadline
All required documents must be received by 11:59pm CST, October 30, 2021.
Please direct your questions to The Scholarship Committee at email@example.com.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM